24 May 2007
What did Gehry smoke that day?
F.Gehry's Disney concert hall in LA
Ok. After almost 2 months spent here, I finally got a car. And I tested it on the San Diego-Los Angeles trip. The weather was not so good, actually almost raining, but along the highway there was one guy who didn't care.. and had the roof of his convertible lowered. That guy had also the fever few days later. That guy was me....but this is another story.
The story I want to talk about is how the parking areas in UCSD are used.
Well, after I returned the group car (the one I used till last week) back to the group secretary, I happily drove my own one towards the student/academic parking area with my brand new $45-for-just-10-days- parking permit. Considering that it was around 11 and everybody was already been working since a long while, all the parking spots were already taken. I was driving around and around giving my contribute to the global warming, when I notice a file of cars waiting at the entrance of the parking area. They didn't seem interested in any free spot hunting. But... actually they did. It works in this way:
- after a while, a good fellow enters the parking area walking. The first car in the file starts following him as a shark behind a surfer. At this point the UCSD speakers usually broadcast the J.Williams theme from jaws movie.. dundu dundu dundu...and so on.
- The guy keeps walking without any pressure at all...he has just a car 10 cm from his back.
- In the meantime the other cars in the file re-arrange themselves.
- The boy finds his car, drives it away.
- There is a free spot. 2 seconds later the shark is onto the spot. Its jaws red of blood.
- You are the (N-1)th in the queue. N is usually a big number around 11 am.
Now my question is: what does it happen if one enters the parking area walking, goes around and then turns back and exits the parking still walking? It would be a funny joke..but probably one can do it only once.
Cheers my friends!
ps: the first goal Superpippa scored was not a regular one. According to the american football fans at least.